SHHHHHH. Can you hear it? There’s only one week until Camp Moon Hwa 2016 begins and, if you listen closely, you can hear the panic rising.
I’m just kidding. We’ll all be ready for the campers. However, there are changes this year for which you’ll need to be ready.
- Required training for classroom assistants and overnight chaperones will be on Thursday, June 23, at 7:00 PM. There will also be a “make-up training session” on Saturday, June 25th at 11:00 AM. This is for all of the classroom assistants who are 18 & under and for all of the overnight chaperones.
- Security changes! This year we’ve beefed up the security for campers safety.
- The main door will be locked and you will be let in.
- All campers must be signed in and signed out
- All campers, volunteers, and visitors must have a name tag
- Parent workshop. On Monday, June 27th, from 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, we’ll have a licensed social worker who is an adult adoptee to meet with parents to get input on future sessions with campers on the topics of identity, self-esteem, and adoption.
- Samulnori Performance. On Thursday, June 30th, at 2:20, The Kwanggaeto Samulnori troupe of Seoul with hold a special performance. Parents are invited to attend!! This year, campers have a special opportunity to have this professional salmulnori troupe helping Brooke teach drumming to the campers. This troupe will perform for the campers and campers’ parents on Thursday at 2:20.
- No bowling this year! There will be no bowling outing at camp this year. But feel free to wear socks to the Samulnori performance instead.
- Ultimate Hike BBQ fundraiser. Following the Samulnori performance on Thursday, June 30th, there will be a fundraiser for Team Rochester–the team participating in the Ultimate hike which is a program of CureSearch for Children’s Cancer! Team Rochester will participate to honor fellow Korean Adoptee, Will Dickes, who lost his brave fight to childhood cancer. They will be serving bugolgi burgers.
That’s what I have. If there is anything not covered in either this or the camp e-mailed newsletter which you’d like to know, feel free to contact us. Otherwise, we’ll see you on Monday!